MAST Optigen Allergy System
- Detection of multiple allergens in single test device (panel format) offers unmatched cost effectiveness and convenience.
- Allergens used are well-characterized and standardized, enhance accuracy of final results
- Rapid test procedure, which shortens the therapeutic turn-around time
- Simple and user friendly procedures, decreases dependability on skilled manpower
- Test panel designed with computerized algorithm for fluid dynamic, reduce sample requirement more than 30 allergens, maximizes patient comfort during diagnostic process.
The fundamental component of the system is a pette, a small plastic device contains a Polystyrene Solid Phase, integrated lenslet and arrays of micro wells for exposure of patient serum to more than 30 different allergens as well as internal positive and negative control, all using a single blood sample.
- Simultaneously measure more than 30 different allergens using single serum sample
- Designed with computerized fluid dynamic model which facilitate uniform binding of serum IgE to specific allergens
- Consists of three injected molded parts; Pette body, cover slip and a partition which ensures maximum calumniation of light to achieve high sensitivity and reliability of results
- Requires very low sample volume of 500 µL
Allergen specific IgE antibody present in the serum binds to allergen coated well, when exposed to different allergens in test chamber (pette), which further bind with anti-IgE conjugate. In next step, photoreagent mixture (Luminol) combines with it and gives off a chemically generated light (i.e. Chemiluminescence). The amount of light liberated is directly proportional to the amount of allergen specific IgE in sample. In between washing steps, minimize non-specific reactions and ensures accuracy of results.
- High analytical sensitivity and good linearity
- Superior performance in the detection of low concentration of specific IgE
- Broad analytical range
- Cost effective
Measures the amount of chemiluminescent light emitted by each allergen well coated with individual allergen.
- Compact bench top design
- Can read up to five panels or 180 allergens, in less than ten minutes
- Inbuilt printer prints a complete report that lists the tested allergen and the severity of the patient response to each allergen
- Simple and user friendly operation
- Low maintenance
- FDA-cleared and CE-marked, it has shown consistent, reliable performance in laboratories around the world
Work station includes pette rack for incubation, waste reservoir, wash buffer container and dispenser pump. These accessories provide complete platform to carry out the entire assay procedure.
Washing of test device with dispenser pump maintains uniform pressure which completely removes the unbound antibodies, ensures accuracy of results
Automated: Hitachi AP 720S
for high workload laboratories
- 20 Test position, process up to 720 allergens / run
- Easy to use with touch screen operation
- Removes most operator-critical steps
OPTIGEN® allergy test ensures reliability of final results by maintaining quality checks at various level.
Quality of Allergen
Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics uses characterized and standardized allergens, which minimizes discrepancies in the results seen between different in-vitro disgnostic methods and skin testing as well as ensuring a high reliability and consistency of results
Pette and Reagents
Procedure control (positive control) and negative blanking (negative control) wells in each pette ensures the accurate performance of assay
- Automatic self diagnosis, at the time of power on to ensure electronic mechanism functionality
- External electronic control cassette is provided with each system to check performance of detection system